Dylan packed his things and shoved it all into his car, including his golf clubs, and left. For the entire year after he graduated high school, this young man drove around the lower 48 states and played 18 holes in each of them. Starting and ending in his home town of Williamstown, Massachusetts. He had $4,700, and a car full of supplies and that was it.
On his epic journey, he struggles to find places to sleep, eat, and even golf! He meets so many interesting people along the way. Each of them helping him get closer and closer to finding what he set out for. Dylan was in search of finding the essence of the game. For those who play, you'll understand what I say when I mean there is just something about being out on that course that makes you feel a rush. It's a game of honesty and integrity. You have to trust your playing partners are true because there are no refs to call out a foul, or penalty. It really is something special to know how to play this wonderful game. And for someone at such a young age to have this chance is great.
It was a great book and a I learned a lot from it. Many people would think that you would only enjoy it if you play the game, but trust me. You don't need to know the difference between a putter and a driver to enjoy this wonderful book. Dylan did a phenomenal job.
Congrats to him and I wish him the best down the road! Keep on golfing, man!
It was a great book and a I learned a lot from it. Many people would think that you would only enjoy it if you play the game, but trust me. You don't need to know the difference between a putter and a driver to enjoy this wonderful book. Dylan did a phenomenal job.
Congrats to him and I wish him the best down the road! Keep on golfing, man!
That sounds like a good read! The idea of leaving everything behind and traveling the country, doing something you love, sounds heavenly. I'm inspired!
ReplyDeleteI never expected to find an inspiring story about golfing, but I'm impressed. The way you describe it makes it sound really fun!
ReplyDelete